Wednesday, October 15, 2008

best kueh baulu/bahulu/balu

Anyone knows what it is actually called? I've heard so many names for it, I can't be sure anymore. I know it as Kueh Bahulu, Sharon knows it as Kueh Balu, we've seen some spell it as Kueh Baulu (combination).

The only confirmed syllables are 'kueh', 'ba' and 'lu'. (Sharon, this does not mean Kueh Balu is correct.) Anyone knows what the correct term is? Please tell us! For now, it's known as kueh B. to us.

So I was walking around People's Park Complex and decided to buy a bag home. I had no idea they would turn out to be the best I have eaten. Those I have had are usually very dehydrated inside and normally quite hard. I only eat these at Chinese New Year, maybe my family buys inferior goods?

These were wonderfully moist and soft. When I first held them in my hand, I gently squeezed them to make sure I wasn't dreaming. It was not hard! It was not crusty! I have never had kueh B. like these before. Excellent, excellent.

No comments: